The MiniPlane enables you to shave off the surface of a material such as a polymer and cut a controlled and consistent sized section of uniform thickness optimized for measurement.
The blade depth can be adjusted, so that serial sections of the same thickness can be cut easily.
- Provides excellent control & reproducibility of the section
- Adjustable knife edge to control the thickness of the sample
- Allows you to cut sections of various thickness with the same knife
- Reduces the mechanical damage to the specimen
- Comfortable wooden handle provides ultimate control of blade
- Replaceable blades save cost and add versatility
How to use the MiniPlane
- Place the bottom surface guide of the Mini Plane on the sample surface.
- Just pull the blade along the surface of the sample.
- The section will curl off of the end of the blade as it is being cut.
Single Crystal Diamond Blade
- Used for planning hard polymers, multi-layered samples with metallic content, cutting inorganic materials or coatings from metallic surfaces.
- Ideal for cutting multilayer polymers
- Cutting width of 0,7mm #STJ-01333
Carbide Steel Blade
- Best used for cutting thin sections of most polymers, coated materials, tissue samples and hard samples.
- Cutting width of 1,5 mm #STJ-01331
- Polymer analysis
- Coatings analysis
- Multi layer materials
- Inorganic materials
- Tissue samples