Our High Temperature Cell permits transmission measurements studies of solid samples at temperatures ranging from ambient to in excess of 500°C in a controlled environment.
The interior of the cell is made from chemically resistant 316 stainless steel and is thermally insulated to prevent heat loss. Two fittings are supplied to evacuate or flow gas through the cell. The cell features two K-type thermocouples for temperature regulation and monitoring. It is equipped with low-voltage heaters, compatible with the Harrick Temperature Controller, to heat the sample and a cooling conduit to reduce the temperature of the exterior of the cell during high temperature operation.
The High Temperature Cell is ideal for examining catalytic and other gas-solid chemical interactions.
- Operable from ambient temperature to 500°C.
- Thermally-insulated transmission cell inhibits heat loss.
- Easy to disassemble for sample exchange and cleaning between transmission measurements.
- Fabricated from chemically-resistant 316 stainless steel.
- Accommodates transmission samples 25mm in diameter and up to 10mm in thickness.
- Optional inserts available to hold 10mm, 13mm, and 15mm diameter pellets.
- Water-cooling eliminates the need for high temperature window seals.
- Two K-type thermocouples for independent monitoring of the sample and heating block temperatures.
- Two 1/4″ 316 stainless steel VCO fittings.
- High Temperature Cell.
- Two K-type thermocouples.
- Low-voltage heaters.
- Two 32x3mm KBr windows.
- Mating hardware for the specified FT-IR of UV-VIS spectrometer.
Window CaF₂ 32 x 3 mm
Window BaF₂ 32 x 3 mm
Window ZnS 32 x 3 mm
Window NaCl 32 x 3 mm
Window ZnSe 32 x 3 mm
Window KBr 32 x 3 mm