The Praying Mantis™ High Temp. Reaction Chamber is particularly effective for powders that have high surface areas. This makes diffuse reflectance a valuable tool for studying heterogeneous catalysis, gas-solid interactions, photochemical reactions, and oxidation mechanisms. This High Temperature Reaction Chamber is well suited for performing such studies under carefully controlled temperatures and pressures. High Temp. Reaction Chamber applications allow diffuse reflection (DRIFTS) spectroscopic measurements under controlled pressures and a wide range of temperatures. It is used in conjunction with the Praying Mantis™ Accessory for FT-IR and UV-VIS diffuse reflectance spectroscopy. Also available for Raman spectroscopy.
- Designed for operation from high vacuum (133 μPa or 10-6 torr) to 133 kPa (1 ktorr) with KBr windows or 1.5 MPa (11.3 ktorr) with ZnSe windows.
- Achieves temperatures up to 910°C (under vacuum).
- Readily adapted for operation up to 3.44MPa (25.8 ktorr) with an optional high-pressure dome.
- Three inlet/outlet ports provided for evacuating the cell and introducing gases.
- Made of chemically resistant 316 stainless steel.
- Optional Silcotek/Restek inert coatings available for greater inertness and corrosion resistance.
- Optional cooling cartridge available for moderate cooling or heating with a chiller or recirculator.
- Alternative window assemblies available for microspectroscopy applications, including Raman.
- Reaction Chamber.
- Low-voltage heating cartridge.
- K-type thermocouple.
- Sample packing tool and spill tray.
- Dome with two KBr or ZnSe windows and one glass observation window (FTIR configuration).
- Dome with two SiO2 windows and one glass observation window (UV-Vis-NIR configuration).