Diamond EX’press Cell to compress samples for FTIR
With this compression cell you can easily flatten and thin materials to an ideal thickness for transmission analysis
The sample is simply compressed between the diamond windows by turning thumb screws until the sample is thin enough for the beam of the spectrophotometer to penetrate.
The Diamond Cell simplifies sample preparation of samples, which are difficult to manage by other techniques:
Excellent for analyzing hard materials such as minerals, rubbers, plastics, polymers and also pharmaceuticals. They can be compressed, crushed and flattened to a uniform thickness for IR measurements.
The total cell thickness of 9.5 mm provides smallest working distance for use with microscopes.
- Large clear aperture (1.6 mm or 2.0 mm)
- Universal use with FTIR-Spectrometers & FTIR –Microscopes
- Two type IIa single crystal synthetic diamonds
- Standard 2”x3” back plate fits all spectrometers
- To use without beam condenser
- Simplified sample preparation
- Multifunctional use with spectrometer and/or with IR-Microscope
- Minimal interfering absorption bands
- Maximum throughput to the detector without detection saturation
- Easy to assemble and clean