The WafIR™ is a horizontal ATR accessory for analysis of monolayers and other thin coatings applied to one side of double-side polished wafers. It features a 45° incident angle Si crystal to couple the light in and out of the wafers. The WafIR incorporates a pressure applicator with pressure pads designed for optimal contact with minimal contact area and the contact area is outside the measured area. The pressure applicator includes a slip-clutch to limit the total force applied to the sample and is compatible with a torque wrench for repeatability. The WafIR is fully enclosed for rapid purging and is compatible with most FTIR spectrometers.
- Unobstructed, horizontal sampling surface accommodates wafers from 52 x 10 mm up to 203 mm (8″) in diameter.
- Non-contact sampling method; contact with the coupling crystal is outside the measured area.
- High sensitivity due to multiple reflections.
- Provides 33 reflections from the coated surface for a 0.770 mm thick wafer.
- Fixed 45° incident angle.
- Replaceable Si coupling crystal.
- Built-in slip-clutch limits the total force applied to the sample.
- Unique pressure applicator with pads for minimal contact with the sample.
- Easy to align and use.
- PermaPurge™ for rapid sample exchange without interrupting the purge.
- WafIR with Si coupling crystal.
- Mating hardware for the specified spectrometer.
- Ideal for infrared measurements to detect low level impurities and oxygen content in Si wafers.
- Excellent for analyzing wafers used in the electronics, telecommunications and solar panel industries.
- Extremely sensitive to SAMs and other coatings on single-side coated, double-side polished wafers.
- Well suited for laboratory and QC applications.