Specac Monolayer/Grazing Angle Specular Reflectance Accessory
The Monolayer/Grazing Angle Specular Reflectance Accessory is a dual-purpose device for enabling both in-situ FT-IR monolayer investigations of films at an air/liquid interface, and grazing incidence angle measurements of thin film coatings on solid reflective surfaces. The accessory can easily be switched from one measurement form to the other by simple changeover of the appropriate sample holder.
On most spectrometer systems, grazing angles from 8º to 85º are possible in the absence of stray light. Appropriate sample containers are provided for both monolayer and grazing angle measurements, and a rotatable polarizer mount is provided as standard for use with Specac’s FT-IR Infrared Polarizers.
This accessory is baseplate mounted within the optical spectrometer sample compartment. An appropriate baseplate or fixings are supplied when ordering the system.
Features and Benefits
- Grazing angle capability
- Monolayer analysis
- Continuously variable incidence angles from 8º – 85º (dependant on spectrometer)
- Volume of trough 8.9 ml
- Sample size 85mm x 22mm liquid & 140mm x 35mm solid
- Built-in polarizer mount
- Aperture stop facility for controlling the sampled area
- Liquid film compression/ expansion capability
- Inert Teflon sample trough (liquids)