Agilent 4300 Handheld FTIR Spectrometer
With the 4300 Handheld FTIR you can:
Identify and qualify surface coatings… Measure cleanliness and activation of bonding and coating surfaces… Monitor aging and photo degradation in polymers and coatings… Detect oxidation and degradation in composite parts… Verify the authenticity of polymer components
The 4300 Handheld FTIR system provides real time answers to make critical decisions in a wide range of applications. The 4300 is a flexible platform for many different sample and measurement types including objects that are reflective, non-reflective, infrared absorbing or scattering. To handle this range of applications, the system has five different sample interfaces that are instantaneously interchangeable, and provide a specific means of delivering the light to the sample. These interfaces have Radio Frequency (RFID) identification, providing seamless integration between the sample interface and specific software methods.
- Diamond ATR Sample Interface: The ATR interface is ideal for the analysis of solids, liquids, pastes and gels.
- Diffuse Reflectance Sample Interface: The diffuse reflectance interface is suited for a wide variety of samples including artwork, soils, rocks and minerals, composites, rough plastics, fabrics and corrosion on metal surfaces
- External Reflectance Sample Interface: The specular reflectance interface allows the analysis of films and coatings on reflective metal surfaces such as aluminum or steel. The angle of incidence is 45 degrees.
- Grazing Angle Sample Interface: The grazing angle interface has an angle of incidence of 82 degrees making it ideal for the analysis of very thin (sub-micron) films.
- Ge ATR Sample Interface: The ATR interface is ideal for the analysis of highly absorbing solids and liquids. The interface is comprised of a germanium crystal.